All set for the Mardi Gras Festival?? Invite your pals and relatives and offer them fruit cakes, doughnuts and spend quality time. Wanna have more fun?? Participate in the parade and design colorful parade floats. There are special Mardi Gras Parade tickets available for active participation and full fledged enjoyment. The events will boost up the festive mood. You’ll love the colorful beads, hats, masks, stuffed toys and much more.
Hope you liked our previous recipe, “Rich Peach Cobbler“. Today we’ll bring you with the most easy homemade recipe of “Kings Cake”, since Mardi Gras Festival is incomplete without it. The simplest of all the cake is a ring of twisted cinnamon roll-style dough. It is topped with icing sugar or cream that is purple, green, and golden in color, denoting the traditional Mardi Gras colors.
Ingredients for Cake:-
2 tablespoons butter,
1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
1/3 cup light brown sugar,
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon,
8 ounce cans reduced-fat crescent rolls,
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese,
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar.
Preparation method for the Cake:-
1. Preheat the oven to 350 D. F. Coat round pizza pan approximately 10-inch with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Separate the crescent rolls at perforations into 16 slices. Place slices around prepared pan with points in center. About halfway down from points, press the seams together.
3. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Spread on dough in center where seams have been pressed together.
4. In another small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over cream cheese. Fold dough points over filling, then fold bottom of triangle over points forming a circular roll like a king cake.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and drizzle with colored Mardi Gras Icing.
Ingredients for Icing:-
1 cup confectioners’ sugar,
1-2 tablespoons skim milk,
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract,
Yellow, green, and purple food color
Preparation method for Icing:-
1. In small bowl, combine all ingredients, except food color. Divide the mixture into three bowls.
2. In first bowl, add a few drops of yellow food coloring. In second bowl, add a few drops of green food coloring. In third bowl, add equal amounts of drops of purple food coloring.
3. Drizzle over baked cake.
Enjoy the cake and the fest!!!