The popular festival, Mardi Gras, 2014 is falling on Tuesday, March 4th. Everyone is excited about it and counting down the minutes. Madri gras is accompanied by people wearing masks and shiny, colorful costumes, overturning social conventions, dancing, sports competitions, parades, etc. Madri Gras reflects the French as well as American culture. The name of the festival varies from place to place. This festival is incomplete without the “King Cake”. We’ll bring you with the mouth watering recipe, this weekend.
The festival is celebrated with great pomp and show in Belgium, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden and United States. For now lets try the traditional peach cobbler with ice cream recipe as any festival is incomplete without delicious dessert. Cobbler refers to variety of dishes, chiefly in the United States and United Kingdom. It consists of a fruit filling that is poured into a large baking dish and covered with batter, biscuit, or crispy pie crust. Thereafter it is baked. Let’s have a look.
4 cups peeled sliced peaches,
2 cups sugar,
1/2 cup water,
8 tablespoons butter,
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour,
1 1/2 cups milk,
Ground cinnamon, optional.
1. Preheat oven to 350 D. F. Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add butter in a baking dish and place it in the oven for melting.
3. Mix the remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup.
4. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon. Batter will rise to top during the baking process. Bake for 45 minutes.
5. To serve, scoop out and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy the festival!!