Hope you enjoyed my King Cake recipe. But any festival is incomplete without the last ritual, that is drink. So lets drown ourselves in the rich cocktail and shake to boost up the festive spirit. Here it goes…
Colorful King Cocktail
2 oz king cake vodka,
0.5 oz fresh lime,
0.25 oz sugarcane syrup,
1 oz grapefruit juice,
1 oz pineapple juice,
1 handful fresh mint leaves.
1. Add the above ingredients into the shaker along with ice. Shake well
2.Take a purple sugar rimmed cocktail glass.
3. Add the drink. Garnish with a mint crown. Enjoy!!
King Cake-inspired Milkshake
3/4 cup milk,
2 cups cake batter ice cream,
2 tablespoons cream cheese,
1/4 cup whipped cream vodka,
1/2 cup crumbled king cake pieces,
Green, purple and yellow sprinkles.
1. Add the ice cream, cream cheese, milk and whipped cream vodka into a blender.
2. Blend till the mixture is smooth. Add some more vodka or ice cream as per taste.
3. Stir in the diced pieces of cake with help of a spoon. Pour mixture into a Mason jar.
4. Garnish with whipped cream and Mardi Gras sprinkles. Enjoy!!