On the Valentine’s Day, I’ll love to give all the time to my love. Spending too much time in the kitchen that evening would certainly ruin the perfect date. I’ve found out a delectable pesto treat for my love, so that i can have some quality time. Pesto can be made a few days in advance and kept covered in the refrigerator. Special Mozzarella cheese filled hearts would be the perfect bitings to start with. The heart shape appetizers will melt his heart after a tiring day at office. With lots of hugs and kisses, celebrate this Valentine’s Day with perfect appetizers, Mozzarella Cheese Filled Hearts.
For Cheese Filled Hearts:-
1 refrigerated pie crust thawed,
1/4 inch mozzarella cheese slices,
1 egg white,
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese,
flour for dusting.
For Roasted Red Pepper Pesto:-
12 ounce roasted red peppers,
1 teaspoon minced roasted garlic,
2 ounces chopped roasted and salted almonds,
1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley,
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice,
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese,
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
pepper to taste,
salt to taste.
1. Unroll pie crust onto a large cutting board. Cut 24 hearts using the larger heart cutter, re-rolling dough as needed.
2. Cut 12 hearts using the smaller heart cutter out of the mozzarella cheese slices.
3. Brush egg white over one dough heart, place a mozzarella cheese heart in the center.
4. Top it with a second dough heart, press the edges of the dough together. Repeat the process.
5. Crimp edges of hearts with a fork. Brush tops of ravioli with egg white.
6. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the tops of each heart
7. Freeze hearts for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 D F and make pesto.
8. Puree roasted red pepper, roasted garlic, roasted almonds, parsley, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
9. Add oil and puree just to incorporate the oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour into a small serving bowl.
10. The pesto can be made up to a few days ahead of time and kept covered in the refrigerator.
11. Remove the hearts from the freezer and bake for 12 minutes until golden brown.
12. Be careful while baking. If the cheese begins to ooze out of the pie crust hearts, remove them from the oven.
13. Serve hot with marinara sauce.
Perfect Valentine’s day appetizers to start with!!!