Are you fond of vegan sandwiches? You need to delete cream cheese. Hey, not really!! There is non-dairy vegan cream cheese available that will satisfy your tingling taste buds and blend very well with the veggies. You’ll find the recipe below.
Grilled Vegan Sandwiches are my all time favorite. Zucchini lowers the cholesterol and helps in weight management. It is good for heart and also prevents cancer. Varieties of mushrooms are available. Anyone would do whether they are enokitake, buna-shimeji, bunapi–shimeji, king oyster mushroom or shiitake. Red bell peppers are excellent source of fiber, folate, vitamin K and minerals. Tomatoes are not only tasty but they are rich source of potassium and vitamins.
They reduce the risk of prostate cancer. They are filled with nutrients and antioxidants. Basil is an amazing healing agent. You can also use whole wheat bread instead of the normal one. And the best part is that these sandwiches can be served hot or cold. You don’t even need to disturb your sleep. Your hubby can grab the sandwich directly from the fridge. They are excellent lunch box delight and a good way to feed your kids. They can be carried away for picnics as well. Beneficial ain’t they? Here we have the mouth watering ‘Grilled Vegan Sandwiches’, absolute delight..
1 small zucchini,
1 red bell pepper,
5 sliced mushrooms,
1 medium sliced tomato,
1/4 teaspoon salt,
1/4 teaspoon black pepper,
a few leaves dried basil,
2 tablespoons vegetable cream cheese,
a few leaves spinach,
4 slices brown bread lightly toasted.
1. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 4 (1/4-inch thick) slices. Cut pepper in fourths, remove seeds. Coat both sides of zucchini, pepper and mushrooms with cooking spray.
2. Place zucchini and peppers on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until tender.
3. Add mushrooms and broil for 2 minutes. Remove from grill; sprinkle with salt, pepper and sweet basil leaves.
4. Spread cream cheese on toast. Layer zucchini, pepper, mushrooms, and tomato on two slices of toast; add spinach if desired.
5. Top with remaining toast slices. Cut each sandwich in half!!
Ingredients for homemade vegan cream cheese:-
1 block organic extra firm tofu,
1 cup organic raw cashews,
1/4 cup hummus,
2 tablespoons lemon juice,
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar,
2 tablespoons agave.
Preparation method for homemade vegan cream cheese:-
1. Wrap tofu in a towel and press out moisture.
2. Soak cashews in water for at least 30 minutes. Add all ingredients into blender or food processor.
3. Puree on high for about 3 minutes. Chill for a firmer texture. Enjoy vegan cream cheese.