It’s Christmas time!!! Definitely you’ll not like to be in the kitchen all the time. Hope you liked my recipe Sweet and sour fish balls. Kids will love to help tenderize with this quick and easy Chicken Cutlets recipe. One can make batches of them in no time. Time saving yet delicious and healthy snacks. Keeping in mind the health of our folks and kids, this time we will rather bake the delectable appetizers.
Almonds provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss. It’s very helpful for nervous system as well. Chicken is natural antidepressant and high in protein. It’s good for bones as well. Trying a bit of variation with the cutlets, here we present Crispy Nutty Chicken Cutlets Recipe on the auspicious occasion of Christmas.
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
1 Cup chopped almonds,
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter,
1 Minced shallot,
1 Cup bread crumbs,
2 Teaspoons finely grated lemon zest,
1 Teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves,
1/8 Teaspoon cayenne pepper,
3 Large eggs,
2 Teaspoons Dijon mustard,
1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper,
1 Cup flour.
1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and turn on oven to 350 D F. Using fork, poke each chicken breast 6 times. Evenly sprinkle each breast with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Uncover and refrigerate.
2. Process nuts until they resemble coarse meal. Heat butter in skillet over medium heat, add nuts until they turn golden brown and have nutty aroma. Add shallot and 1/2 teaspoon salt, stirring constantly until just beginning to brown.
3. Simmer heat, add bread crumbs and ground nuts. Cook until golden brown for 12 minutes. Transfer bread crumb mixture to shallow dish. Add in lemon zest, thyme and cayenne. Lightly beat eggs, mustard, and pepper together in separate dish. Place flour in third dish. Pat chicken dry.
4. Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, then coat with egg mixture then coat all sides of chicken with bread crumb mixture. Transfer chicken to a baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes. Let rest 5 min before serving.
5. Serve with lemon wedges, your favorite dip and drink.