With the golden crust, crisp crunchy almonds and blueberry blend, here we have one of the prime desserts for Christmas, Blueberry and almond tart. Blueberry tart is a showstopper! The dish is eye tonic for the foodaholics. Not only ultimate satisfier for the taste buds but filled with the health nutrients, this delectable dish is best for people of all age groups.
According to U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council, blueberries have more antioxidants than any other fresh fruits or vegetables tested. They lower the risk of age-related muscular degeneration. Lot of minerals are present in almonds which include calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc. These nuts are rich in vitamin E. Filled with taste and nutrients, Blueberry and Almond Tart is something that cannot to be missed especially on the auspicious occasion of Christmas.
85 grams softened butter,
175 grams caster sugar,
175 grams ground almonds,
2 Pcs eggs,
125 grams punnet blueberries,
2 Pcs-24 cm cooked shortcrust pastry tart case,
icing sugar for dusting,
few drops almond extract.
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Beat together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in the almonds, egg and almond extract. Stir in half the blueberries and spoon into the pastry case.
3. Smooth the top using the back of a metal spoon, then scatter over the remaining blueberries, pressing them in lightly.
4. Bake for 50 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden, and the filling is golden and feels firm to the touch.
5. Cool the tart for 10 minutes in the tin, then lift onto a serving plate.
6. Dust with a little icing sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.
Enjoy the Christmas Treat!!!