Hey friends, how was your Christmas eve? Well, juz to add on lemme tell you that mine was awesome. Hope you liked my nutty cake as I’m very fond of preparing cake recipes. This Low Calorie Lattice Cherry Coffee Cake is an all-time favorite recipe of my family. The latticed surface showcasing the cherries is so vibrantly that the cake is too pretty to be eaten. Isn’t it? The cherry sauce within is where the real fun is. I prefer sour cherries while making the sauce. I have used sugar-free sweetener here, taking into consideration the craving plus health of everyone. A bit time consuming, but trust me, the cake is a rich delicacy. Whether it’s Christmas or New Year, holidays are definitely incomplete without this yummzz!
1 teaspoon salt,
1 cup sour cream,
1/4 cup warm water,
2 tablespoons butter,
1 pinch active dry yeast,
3 cups all-purpose flour,
3 tablespoons Sugar-free Sweetener.
1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Add sour cream, egg, sweetener, butter, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic for 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
3. Punch dough down. Reserve 1 cup dough. Divide remaining dough in half. Roll each portion into a 9-in. circle; place in greased 9-in. round baking pans. Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edge.
4. Roll out reserved dough to 1/4-in. thickness; cut into 1/2-in. strips. Make a lattice top over filling. Fill in the cherry sauce. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
5. Cover the top with foil. Bake 20 minutes longer or until browned.
Quick and Easy Cherry Sauce
1 cup Water,
1/4 cup Lemon Juice,
2 tablespoons Cornstarch,
20 ounce frozen pitted Cherries,
2/3 cup Sugar Free Sweetener.
1. Bring cherries, sweetener and 3/4 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir often.
2. Stir 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Add into the boiling cherry mixture.
3. Return to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!