My mom prepared yummy ‘Upside-Down Peach Cake’ as a token of her love for me. It was simple and simply delicious. Mom knows that peaches are my all time favorite. Peaches are good for eyes as they contain Beta carotene. They also contain Vitamin C, that is good for skin. Peaches contain good amount of fiber and potassium that reduce kidney related problems. They help in controlling weight as well. Just note down my quick and simple cake recipe. Prepare it for your loving mom on Mother’s day.
1/2 cup milk,
1/4 teaspoon salt,
3/4 cup butter,
1/2 cup brown sugar,
3/4 cup sugar,
1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour,
1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder,
2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches.
1. Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an non-greased 9-inches round baking pan.
2. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
3. In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
5. Spoon over peaches. Bake at 350 D. F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Happy Mother’s Day!!!