Mothers hold their child’s hand for a moment and their heart for a life time. Hey my mom is boarding this Friday. Thank God I have the opportunity of celebrating Mother’s day with her. She would be approaching by lunch time and I have decided to prepare exotic beef recipe for her. Beef is her all time favorite and mine too. Lunch on this auspicious occasion much be delicious. Beef Enchilada Pie would certainly make her happy.
Mom is very health conscious, so I have used extra-lean ground beef. I have used authentic homemade red enchilada sauce, which is easy, quick and super delicious and can be pre-prepared. Infact most of the things like tortilla and minced beef can be prepared in advance, I know you’ll love to spend maximum time with your mom, same is the case with me he he!! My mom loves it extra spicy, so I’ve added green chilies and red hot chilli powder.Hope, she’ll approve my recipe.
5 Flour tortillas,
1 Chopped onion,
1 Teaspoon chili powder,
1 Cup fat-free sour cream,
1 Teaspoon ground cumin,
1 Lb extra-lean ground beef,
1/2 Cup thawed frozen corn,
1 Cup chopped green capsicum,
1 Cup homemade red enchilada sauce,
1 1/2 Tablespoon Chopped green chillies,
1 Cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese blend.
1. Heat oven to 350 D F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, green capsicum and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
2. Reserve 1/4 cup enchilada sauce; set aside. Add remaining enchilada sauce, corn and chillies to beef mixture.
3. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
4. Spray 9-inch round (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in casserole; top with about 3/4 cup of the beef mixture and 3 tablespoons of the cheese.
5. Repeat layers 3 times. Top with remaining tortilla, the reserved enchilada sauce and the remaining cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until hot, and cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream!!
Happy Mother’s Day!!