Hope you loved the rich, creamy and refreshing cocktails and shakes. Here we have some more of greeny green food to be served on auspicious occasion of St. Patrick’s Day. This is special cheese and spinach lasagna. Making a perfect lasagna is all about a harmonious blend of filling, lot of cheese, tangy tomato sauce and noodles. The rich brown and bubbly lasagna, can be served with simple salad or vegetable side for a cozy vegetarian meal.
1 large Egg,
Salt to taste,
Black pepper to taste,
Vegetable oil for cooking,
16 ounce Ricotta cheese,
10 ounce Frozen spinach,
15 ounce Tomato sauce,
9 ounce Lasagna noodles,
1 pound Mozzarella cheese,
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese,
2 pieces chopped Garlic cloves.
1. Heat the oven to 350 D. F and arrange a rack in the middle. Place ricotta, spinach, half of the Parmesan, garlic and egg in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
2. Spread 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce in a thin layer over the bottom of a baking dish. Construct the lasagna by layering 3 of the noodles over the sauce. Top with another 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce and spread it evenly to the edges of the dish.
3. Using a small spoon, dollop a third of the ricotta mixture evenly over the sauce and flatten the dollops with the back of the spoon. The ricotta mixture will spread out more when it heats up. Evenly lay a quarter of the mozzarella slices over the ricotta.
4. Make 2 more layers of noodles, sauce, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce, and mozzarella. Evenly sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
5. Coat 1 side of a large piece of aluminum foil with vegetable oil and cover the dish tightly with the foil, oil-side down. Bake until the sauce is starting to bubble around the edges, about 40 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and continue baking until the top is browned, about 20 minutes more. Remove the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
7. Yummy green cheese and spinach lasagna is ready to be served.
Enjoy the St. Patrick’s Day!!