Tea is incomplete without a tasty snack. Whether you want to enjoy evening tea with your soul mate alone by the bedroom window or with crazy bunch of friends, a good coffee/tea with a yet tasty snack is always welcomed by millions. Let’s enjoy something from the land of Australia today. Vegemite and cheese scrolls are all delicious and delight and brings smile even if the budget is tight. Agree or not? The best part of this snack is that it can be popped into office lunch boxes or enjoyed over and again with high tea. Moreover I am very fond of crazy snacks recipes. Let’s try the following delight.
Australian Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
250 ml Milk,
Salt to taste,
Pepper to taste,
Vegemite to taste,
250 grams Self Raising Flour,
30 grams chopped cold Butter,
55 grams grated Swiss Cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 D.C. Grease with butter, a medium sized baking tray.
2. Add flour, butter and seasonings in a food processor blend until it resembles fresh breadcrumbs.
3. Now add milk. Mix until combined. Tip the dough out on a slightly floured bench top. Roll into a 30 x 45 cm rectangle.
4. Spread Vegemite and top with grated cheese generously . Roll into a log. Cut into 2 cm slices. Place onto a greased oven tray.
5. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with hot tea or coffee.
Heart Shape Cutlets(Vegetable/Fish Cutlets)– Fish cutlets are my favorite. Minced fish with garlic, ginger, green chillies and spices of your choice is a great combo. For my vegan friends, vegetable and corn cutlets is a great option. I love pairing cutlet with my favorite Cheese and beer dip. Cutlets with wine is a great combo. You can either deep-fry or simply bake this recipe, if you are a fitness freak. Another method is, shallow fry the fish and then bake it such that the inner portion is fully cooked. Enjoy the hearty treat.
Heart Shape Pizza (Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza)– Enjoy the hot cheese, fresh from oven pizza in juz 15 minutes. What can be a better quick and easy treat than this? All you needa do is spread pizza sauce on pizza crust. Top it with pepperoni, seasoning and Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. If you are crazy about pepperoni, don’t hesitate adding more, as I do. Bake the classic crust for 15 minutes. Don’t forget to use pizza base with heart shape.
Mini Heart Pies (Cottage Cheese and Ricotta Cheese Pies)– I have something for my vegetarian pals also. A heart shape cookie cutter makes great mini pies. You just need to roll the dough, cut heart shapes, add in the stuffing of stir-fried spinach, with spices of your choice and ricotta cheese. Incase if you are vegan, add tofu instead of cheese or simply vegan cheese. These can be prepared in advance. You just need to make it more crispy before serving. Enjoy with your favorite dip/sauce.
Thank you for loving my blog “tips for healthy teeth and gums”. I wanted to write something on Anti-tobacco Day as well. Tell me, how much we love our father? And why not? He is our Idol. Is he really our idol. Yes, we learn from our idols. But what if he is a chain smoker? Isn’t it disgusting?
My friend, Jane was very disturbed by the smoking habit of her dad and nearly every day there used to be a fight in their house lest I suggested her some food that would lessen the craving for smoking. Within a month after taking this food plan, my friend’s family was a real happy family. I wanna share with you the list of diseases and consequences that generates while smoking:-
Bronchitis and Emphysema
On the Anti-tobacco Day, I would like to share some food items that will help to quit smoking. And the best part is that it really works if the diet is taken seriously and regularly. Tobacco contains nicotine. You are right, the nicotine in tobacco is what people are addicted to. Many people like Jane’s father can quit smoking, then why not you or your loved ones. Impossible is nothing, it’s just about the will power and the magic of the selected food.
1. Milk – Milk is very effective in quitting the smoking habit. Drinking a glass of milk every day an hour before the normal smoke time will do you good and also keep you healthy.
2. Omega-3 fatty food – Certain food textures like fish etc. can also help chain smokers to fight the craving to smoke. Crunchy food tends to be more satisfying for a quitter. Food like beans, fish and flax seeds are rich in Omega-3.
3. Popcorn – It is strange but true, popcorns play a vital role to quit smoking. You can have popcorns, without butter, to help stop those nasty urges of smoking. Popcorns give you that salty taste which does not tastes good while smoking.
4. Salt – Try eating a lot of salted food inorder to quit smoking. The salt content in the food will help curbing the desire to smoke.
5. Turmeric – This is an Indian spice and is one of the best ingredients to add to any dish, especially if it is a South-Asian cuisine. This spice lowers the smoking urge for chain smokers.
6. Water – Drinking lot of water will to keep the body hydrated. It will keep your tummy full. This in turn will prevent you from urge to smoke.
7. Blueberries – Not only blueberries, but any type of berry will help you to stop smoking. Strawberries, cranberries, mulberries are some of the berries to help you quit smoking.
8. Cheese – Grab a piece of cheese to curb the urge to smoke. Salty cheese does wonders for people who want to stop smoking.
9. Celery – You can chew on fresh celery leaves to help you to quit smoking. Try variant vegetable salads containing celery for an otherwise healthy lifestyle also.
10. Cinnamon – Just inhaling deeply a cinnamon stick, mimics the deep drag on a flavorful cigarette. What a natural way! Chewing a small piece of cinnamon stick is very beneficial to curb your craving.
11. Dark Chocolate – If compared to milk chocolate, dark chocolate is the best for you to quit smoking. Munch a heavenly dark chocolate if you get the urge to smoke, you’ll love it.
12. Dried Fruits – Aroma of dried fruits help to lower the cravings to smoke. Consuming them on regular basis will also make a difference to stop smoking.
13. Ginger – Ginger is a natural agent to curb all urge for smokers. If you cannot consume a piece of ginger, grind it and mix it with a spoon of sugar and have it. It will help you to forget about the thought for smoking.
14. Herbal tea – There are various herbal tea available nowadays. Sipping on a hot glass of herbal tea of your flavor will help you in reducing the urge to smoke a cigarette.
15. Lean Meat – Do you know that all types of lean meats will help you quit smoking? Enjoy lean meat topped over bread or with mashed boiled potatoes and steamed rice.
Mothers hold their child’s hand for a moment and their heart for a life time. Hey my mom is boarding this Friday. Thank God I have the opportunity of celebrating Mother’s day with her. She would be approaching by lunch time and I have decided to prepare exotic beef recipe for her. Beef is her all time favorite and mine too. Lunch on this auspicious occasion much be delicious. Beef Enchilada Pie would certainly make her happy.
Mom is very health conscious, so I have used extra-lean ground beef. I have used authentic homemade red enchilada sauce, which is easy, quick and super delicious and can be pre-prepared. Infact most of the things like tortilla and minced beef can be prepared in advance, I know you’ll love to spend maximum time with your mom, same is the case with me he he!! My mom loves it extra spicy, so I’ve added green chilies and red hot chilli powder.Hope, she’ll approve my recipe.
5 Flour tortillas,
1 Chopped onion,
1 Teaspoon chili powder,
1 Cup fat-free sour cream,
1 Teaspoon ground cumin,
1 Lb extra-lean ground beef,
1/2 Cup thawed frozen corn,
1 Cup chopped green capsicum,
1 Cup homemade red enchilada sauce,
1 1/2 Tablespoon Chopped green chillies,
1 Cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese blend.
1. Heat oven to 350 D F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, green capsicum and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
2. Reserve 1/4 cup enchilada sauce; set aside. Add remaining enchilada sauce, corn and chillies to beef mixture.
3. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
4. Spray 9-inch round (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in casserole; top with about 3/4 cup of the beef mixture and 3 tablespoons of the cheese.
5. Repeat layers 3 times. Top with remaining tortilla, the reserved enchilada sauce and the remaining cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until hot, and cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream!!
Hope you loved the rich, creamy and refreshing cocktails and shakes. Here we have some more of greeny green food to be served on auspicious occasion of St. Patrick’s Day. This is special cheese and spinach lasagna. Making a perfect lasagna is all about a harmonious blend of filling, lot of cheese, tangy tomato sauce and noodles. The rich brown and bubbly lasagna, can be served with simple salad or vegetable side for a cozy vegetarian meal.
1 large Egg,
Salt to taste,
Black pepper to taste,
Vegetable oil for cooking,
16 ounce Ricotta cheese,
10 ounce Frozen spinach,
15 ounce Tomato sauce,
9 ounce Lasagna noodles,
1 pound Mozzarella cheese,
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese,
2 pieces chopped Garlic cloves.
1. Heat the oven to 350 D. F and arrange a rack in the middle. Place ricotta, spinach, half of the Parmesan, garlic and egg in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
2. Spread 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce in a thin layer over the bottom of a baking dish. Construct the lasagna by layering 3 of the noodles over the sauce. Top with another 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce and spread it evenly to the edges of the dish.
3. Using a small spoon, dollop a third of the ricotta mixture evenly over the sauce and flatten the dollops with the back of the spoon. The ricotta mixture will spread out more when it heats up. Evenly lay a quarter of the mozzarella slices over the ricotta.
4. Make 2 more layers of noodles, sauce, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce, and mozzarella. Evenly sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
5. Coat 1 side of a large piece of aluminum foil with vegetable oil and cover the dish tightly with the foil, oil-side down. Bake until the sauce is starting to bubble around the edges, about 40 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and continue baking until the top is browned, about 20 minutes more. Remove the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
7. Yummy green cheese and spinach lasagna is ready to be served.
Get the New Year started in style with this delicious, unashamedly rich Cranberry-Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken Recipe. It is the sort of recipe that makes an impressive dish for any occasion, and it is especially popular for New Year’s Dinner.
Whether you’re celebrating with a small group or a huge gathering, this celebratory recipe featuring your favorite Chicken and Cranberry-Gorgonzola is sure to arouse your taste-buds. Chicken breasts go from ordinary to extraordinary when filled with tart cranberries and creamy Gorgonzola. Make it a meal with couscous and a green salad.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
MAKES: 6 servings
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. In a small bowl, combine cheese and cranberries. Spoon 1/4 cup cheese mixture down the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Place walnuts and parsley in a food processor, cover and process until ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs and mustard. Place flour in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with walnut mixture.
Place seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the roll-ups; cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
1 chicken breast equals 397 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 44 g protein.
We have discussed about the benefits of Gluten-free diets and related recipes in the blogs titled “A Gluten-Free Smoothie To Beat Summers“, respectively. Now giving that discussion a more delicious shape, I present a true treat for your taste buds in the guise of Caesar Salad. It’s a lip-smacking continental dish that has croutons and romaine lettuce dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, eggs, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
The salad actually got its name from its creator Caesar Cardini, an immigrant from Italy who set up restaurants in the USA and Mexico. The dish actually came into being as a result of depletion in kitchen supplies caused by fourth of July rush in the year 1924. It became hip since then. Though the original dish went through several iterations based on regions and taste preferences, while the juiciness and feel remained more or less same. Let’s talk about the popular Chicken variation of the salad.
3 Tablespoon Olive Oil,
4 loafs of white bread,
2 chicken boneless breasts,
1 romaine lettuce.
For the Dressing:-
1 block Parmesan Cheese,
1 Tablespoon White wine Vinegar,
5 Tablespoon Mayonnaise,
A Garlic Clove.
1. Cut the Bread with knife and put it over a baking tray and splash a 1 tbsp olive oil on it. Make sure that the oil seeps in breads.
2. Bake it for around 10 minutes. Keep turning the croutons from time to time so that the bread attains even brown texture.
3. Now sprinkle the rest of the oil on chicken breasts. Put them in a pre-heated pan and heat both sides for about 4-5 minutes each.
4. Now take some part of the cheese, and grate it with all the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Season it to taste. Add yogurt and keep stirring tothe achieve the desired level of thickness.
5. Now peel the cheese. Cut chicken strips and put it all over the lettuce leaves. Now sprinkle croutons all over it.
6. Add the mixture you made in the above step and the remaining dressing by scattering it all over the chicken and croutons. It’s ready to serve now.