Hey fitness freaks, how are you? I know you all are over-excited about FIFA World Cup 2014. Isn’t it? I am desperately waiting for the same. I’m sure you are in love with Neymar Jr. the 22 year old Brazilian forward/winger, who came out with flying colors in FC Barcelona. Neymar, also known as Joia, is now inspiration for many regarding agility, jaw-dropping dribbling skills, unbelievable crosses plus clear overhead shots. Today I’ll be writing about the secret diet behind his fit and fine body plus a healthy recipe.
Even I am very fond of Italian delights, especially pasta and lasagna, hope you liked my recipe Spinach and Cheese Lasagna. Let’s check out what keeps Neymar fit and fine. Neymar loves to eat lentils and whole grains. Among the vegetables, spinach and beet is what he likes to consume. He is fond of clams among the seafood. He is fond of pasta as well to consume right amount of carbohydrates. So lets try a brand new ‘Pasta with Basil and Clam Recipe’. Well I made it yesterday for dinner and everyone simply loved it.
Pasta with Basil and Clam Recipe
1 pound pasta,
1⁄3 cup olive oil,
1⁄2 cup dry white wine,
8 minced garlic cloves,
4 dozen littleneck clams,
4 tablespoons basil pesto,
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper,
1 teaspoon minced red hot pepper,
3 tablespoons minced basil leaves,
3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley.
1. Heat olive oil in a large saute pan on medium heat. Add garlic and cook until light brown, for 1 minute.
2. Add wine and clams to it. Cover tightly. Cook until clams open-up, for 8 minutes. Shake the saute pan occasionally.
3. Remove clams as they open, setting them aside in a bowl. Throw away any clams that are chipped or fail to open.
4. In the mean time, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain pasta and add to clam sauce in a pan.
5. Add parsley and basil. Season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper, red pepper and toss with pesto.
6. Now transfer to a large serving bowl. Arrange the clams on top, sprinkle with fried garlic slices if desired.
It is extremely sad to hear that Brazilian star, Neymar is out of World Cup due to the injury. Neymar’s injury has left the Brazilians in a state of shock. They are worried about what would happen in the upcoming matches, though the team is headstrong. Will Brazil make it to the Finals and win the match? What do you think?