Tea is incomplete without a tasty snack. Whether you want to enjoy evening tea with your soul mate alone by the bedroom window or with crazy bunch of friends, a good coffee/tea with a yet tasty snack is always welcomed by millions. Let’s enjoy something from the land of Australia today. Vegemite and cheese scrolls are all delicious and delight and brings smile even if the budget is tight. Agree or not? The best part of this snack is that it can be popped into office lunch boxes or enjoyed over and again with high tea. Moreover I am very fond of crazy snacks recipes. Let’s try the following delight.
Australian Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
250 ml Milk,
Salt to taste,
Pepper to taste,
Vegemite to taste,
250 grams Self Raising Flour,
30 grams chopped cold Butter,
55 grams grated Swiss Cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 D.C. Grease with butter, a medium sized baking tray.
2. Add flour, butter and seasonings in a food processor blend until it resembles fresh breadcrumbs.
3. Now add milk. Mix until combined. Tip the dough out on a slightly floured bench top. Roll into a 30 x 45 cm rectangle.
4. Spread Vegemite and top with grated cheese generously . Roll into a log. Cut into 2 cm slices. Place onto a greased oven tray.
5. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with hot tea or coffee.