How about trying a vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free recipe? I’m sure at this moment just one thing strikes your mind. Will this vegan recipe be boring or tasty? Well, it simply depends on the cooking method and the ingredients you use to either kick a recipe or make a recipe yet bland. Let’s try both the sweet and spicy versions of healthy oatmeal. This breakfast recipe is definitely going to add some sweet and spice to your life keeping the health factor in consideration.
Sweet Vegan Oatmeal Recipe
1/3 cup Water,
1/3 cup rolled Oats,
2/3 cup Almond Milk,
1/2 sliced ripe Banana,
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon,
Strawberry as Required,
1 tablespoon Ground flax,
2 tablespoons Chia seeds.
- The night before: Grab a medium bowl and mash the banana until smooth. Now stir in the chia, oats, cinnamon, milk, and water until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning: Scoop the oat mixture into a medium pot. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat immediately to medium-low, and stir frequently until heated throughout and thickened. At the end of cooking, stir in flax.
- Pour oats into bowl. Garnish with your desired toppings!
Vegetable Oatmeal Recipe
2 cups Oatmeal,
Salt as Required,
150 gms Carrots,
Water as required,
1 large size Onions,
50 gms Green peas,
1/4 tsp Black Pepper,
150 gms Runner beans,
1/2 teaspoon Garlic paste,
3 tablespoons Cooking Oil,
1/2 teaspoon Ginger paste,
1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds,
Quarter tsp Turmeric powder,
Coriander leaves for garnishing,
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder.
- Boil vegetables, except onions with half tsp of salt and bit of black pepper. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Cook oatmeal in two cups of water in a non-stick saucepan. Bring it down till the desired consistency is achieved. Heat three tbsp of cooking oil in a frying pan.
Once the oil is heated add mustard seeds. Allow it to crackle. Add ginger and garlic paste to it and stir fry until it turns light brown. Then add diced onions to it, till it turns golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder to the sauteed onions. Cook for one minute and then add the boiled vegetables and oatmeal into it. Add salt as per taste. Stir for 1 minute. Remove from flame.
Enjoy healthy diet!
Beautiful plating! Definitely for a good mood!
I love the spicy option! I typically use oatmeal in soups for a savory dish but I like how you did yours!