It’s well said, “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.” I completely agree with this saying. Do you? You can do anything to see your baby smile. Gift your valentine, something that’s original, homemade and your creativity. Isn’t that a great idea? I’m sure it’s gonna win the heart. Nothing would be better than gifting soft, lite pink strawberry macaroons made with your whole heart and soul. The best part is that you can add in any cream filling, keeping in mind the choice of your partner. Hope you liked my crazy Valentine’s Day ideas. For now let’s start with this sweet affair.
4 large egg whites,
1/3 cup caster sugar,
1 1/2 cups icing sugar,
4 teaspoons almond meal,
Food coloring as per choice.
1. Preheat the oven to 150 D.C. Place egg whites and caster sugar in a bowl. Beat with blender until stiff enough to turn the bowl upside down without it falling out. Continue to whip for 2 more minutes.
2. Add gel or powdered food coloring and continue to mix for a further 30 seconds. Sift the almond meal and icing sugar and salt twice, discarding almond lumps.
3. Add the egg white mixture. Pipe onto trays lined with baking paper. Prefer heart shape if you are gifting.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Check if one comes off the tray clean, if not bake for a little longer.
5. When cool, taking two, add in the cream of your choice. I prefer strawberry cream. Enjoy!
Happy Valentine’s Day!