Hi pals! How are you doing? It’s the Christmas month and we all crave to have goodies on the weekends. Isn’t it? So here I present before you, the cute yummy bites of flaky dough stuffed with spicy ground beef/turkey mixture. These are very filling and best to be served with tomato and chilli sauce.
The best part here is that you can enjoy the meat of your choice. You can also use any kind of low fat cheese instead of cheddar cheese. The hotness quotient (usage of sauce) of this meat recipe can be made flexible. I have only combined the best of rich Christmas flavors to make a pie that both children and adults will adore.
1/2 cup Chilli sauce,
2 tablespoons Onion Soup Mix,
1 pound ground Turkey or Beef.
3/4 cup Milk,
1 teaspoon Salt,
1 cup Shortening,
1 tablespoon Vinegar,
3 cups All-purpose Flour,
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese,
1 tablespoon Sesame seeds (Optional).
1. Cook beef over medium heat until done. Stir in chili sauce and soup mix. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds and salt. Add shortening and cheese until crumbly. Mix milk and vinegar. Slowly add it to the flour mixture. Knead the dough.
3. Divide the dough in 2 halves. Make 2 rolls out of the dough, which should be thick enough to hold the filling. Cut circles with the help of a mini meat pie cutter.
4. Top each with a tablespoonful of meat mixture. Cover with remaining circle (dough). Moisten edges with water. Press with a fork to seal. Cut a slit on top of each as shown.
5. Bake at 425 D. F for 15 minutes. Serve hot with tomato and chilli sauce!
Merry Christmas 😀