Plan your ultimate holiday feast with sumptuous recipes of turkey. Hope you enjoyed my post, Food ideas for Thanksgiving. As we all know that Thanksgiving is incomplete without a roasted turkey, that would serve as the main dish on the huge dinner table, I decided to prepare something different. This is Tangy Turkey with Asian herbs. I promise that all the herbs are readily available in your nearest stores and the recipe is gonna be super delish.
I’ve used in Thai basil. It has a different flavor unlike other traditional basil. The aroma is stronger. It has a sweeter, peppery flavor, reminding me of the star anise. It comes with hearty purple stems. Besides this, I juz love the rich, creamy and delicious mayo. Garlic is my all time favorite. If you are not a huge fan of garlic, you can use garlic salt keeping in mind the quantity of the normal salt you use while cooking. The mild flavor is equally enticing. You can use extra spicy chilli sauce to increase the hotness quotient of the recipe. 😛
1 bunch Scallions,
1 bunch Thai Basil,
2 cups Mayonnaise,
1/3 cup Chilli sauce,
4 stalks Lemongrass,
Salt and Pepper to taste,
2 tablespoons Lemon juice,
50 grams sliced fresh Ginger,
2 tablespoons ground Ginger,
2 tablespoons Garlic powder,
1 12-14 lb. Turkey, thawed and brined.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 D. F and lower the rack to the lowest position. Dry the turkey thoroughly with paper towels. Stuff the turkey with basil, lemongrass, scallions and ginger slices in the main cavity and smaller neck cavity.
2. Close the neck cavity with a toothpick. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Mix the mayonnaise, chilli sauce (your favorite), ginger powder and garlic powder in a bowl. Brush over the turkey, leaving 2 tablespoons of mayo mix for later. Then salt and pepper.
3. Place the turkey, breast side down, in a roasting pan on a rack. Pour two cups of water in the pan and place in the oven. Roast for 1 hour. Using paper towels, carefully flip the bird, breast side up.
4. Brush the remaining mayo mixture over the top. Add additional water to the pan if needed, and roast another 60 minutes. The internal temperature of the bird must be 165 D. F. If the turkey starts getting too dark on top, cover it loosely with foil.
5. Brush lemon juice on its surface. Allow the turkey to rest at least 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with roasted veggies.
The ‘Turk Turk’ Day is Here 🙂