Summer in America ends-up with the Labor Day. This certainly calls for a family picnic. The occasion is accompanied by coleslaws, corny dogs, salads, baked beans, lemonade and of course the authentic mouth-watering fried chicken. The thought is making me hungry. Yummzz! Hope you enjoyed my barbecue recipes for picnic. I will love to pair up this fried chicken with my favorite cheese dip and french fries. What would you pair it with? My mom always prepares aromatic fried rice, which serves as an equally great combo with any kinda chicken. So here I bring you with my favorite fried chicken recipe and Cheesy Beer Dip.
Authentic Fried Chicken
1 teaspoon salt,
2 cups buttermilk,
2 cups all-purpose flour,
1 tablespoon garlic powder,
1 tablespoon onion powder,
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard,
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper,
1 tablespoon baking powder,
5 cups vegetable oil for frying,
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces,
1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
1. Whisk together buttermilk, salt, mustard, pepper and cayenne in a large bowl. Pour it into a plastic bag. Add the chicken pieces and coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air. Seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
2. Before frying the chicken, combine the flour, garlic powder, baking powder and onion powder in the other plastic bag. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add one marinated chicken piece at a time into the dry ingredients mixture bag. Coat the dry mixture completely. Complete this process with all the pieces.
4. Now heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, fry chicken in batches until golden brown on both sides, till the chicken is completely cooked.
5. You can serve the dish with various options like French fries, fried rice etc. I prefer having this with my favorite Cheesy Beer Dip.
Cheesy Beer Dip
I like having this chicken with tomato chili sauce, but if time permits, I surely go for this dip. If you really wanna have a relaxing holiday on the soothing summer evening, enjoy this cheesy beer dip. Though you can pair this dip with chips, nachos, french fries and other veggies, I’d like pairing it up with my fav fried chicken.
1/4 cup beer,
1/2 cup chunky salsa,
½ teaspoon garlic powder,
2 cups shredded American cheese blend.
1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until smooth and the cheese is melted. Stir frequently.
Happy Labor’s day!