The Foodies Festival in UK calls for summer celebration involving lots of yummy food and drinks. Foodies enjoy this festival to the fullest by getting a chance to meet their favorite chefs and food experts. The great cooking shows are held in theaters and masterclasses. One can dine at the famous restaurants and also have good time in the private VIP areas. The afternoon tea time is certainly enjoyable accompanied by cakes, cookies, cupcakes, rich biscuits and other snacks.
Not only this, people can dance in the Vintage Tea Tent and have ultimate fun in the Real Ale and Cider Farm. A competition known as “chill competition” is also held on this special occasion. People enjoy family picnics on lush green grass and also listen to the live music and much more. But as you know that any festival is incomplete without dessert, I thought of sharing an English dessert recipe with you. Hope you liked my recipe “Roasted duck with pomegranate glaze, UK-style“. So let’s start with Authentic English Sticky Toffee Pudding.
Authentic English Sticky Toffee Pudding
For the Pudding:-
1 cup Sugar,
2 large Eggs,
1/2 teaspoon Sea salt,
1/4 cup unsalted Butter,
1 teaspoon Baking soda,
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract,
1 teaspoon Baking powder,
2 cups sifted All-purpose flour,
1 1/2 cups chopped pitted Dates.
For the Sauce:-
1 teaspoon Brandy,
1/2 cup Heavy cream,
1/4 cup unsalted Butter,
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract,
1 1/4 cups light Brown sugar,
Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Preparation Method for the Sauce
1. Take a small heavy saucepan. Bring sugar, cream, and butter to a boil, over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat; stir in brandy and vanilla. Warm gently before serving.
Preparation Method for the Pudding
1. Preheat the oven to 350 D. F. Bring dates and 11/4 cups water to a boil in a medium heavy saucepan with tall sides. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. The mixture would be fluffy. Set aside and let it cool.
2. Whisk 11/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Blend 1/4 cup butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Now add 1 egg; blend well. Add half of flour mixture and half of date mixture; again beat to blend. Repeat with remaining 1 egg, flour mixture, and date mixture. Pour batter into the pan.
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted at center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Invert pudding onto rack. Cover and let it stand at room temperature. The pudding is ready. Add sauce over it. Serve warm!
Enjoy the Foodies Festival!