Hi friends, hope you liked my blog, “Celebration with Eid-ul-Fitr Recipes”. Today, I’m going to tell you the exact method for preparation of Biryani, the most popular dish eaten on Eid. Biryani is a rice dish that originated from Persia. It takes a lot of time to prepare, and more time spent implies the tastier fest, isn’t it? Biryani is made up of beef, chicken or lamb and Asian spices that strongly dominate the taste and flavor.
Ingredients for Mutton:-
5 sliced Onions,
1 kilogram Mutton,
4 sticks Cinnamon,
2 Black Cardamoms,
6 Green Cardamoms,
1 teaspoon Garlic paste,
1 teaspoon Ginger paste,
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds,
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder,
1 ½ cups beaten Plain yogurt,
2 tablespoons Red Chilli powder,
1 teaspoon Whole black peppers,
2 inches piece ground Raw papaya.
Ingredients for Rice:-
Salt to taste,
2 Bay leaves,
1 large lemon,
2 Cinnamon sticks,
2 slit Green chillies,
A handful Coriander,
2 Small Cardamoms,
1 Big Black cardamom,
500 grams Long grain rice,
5 tablespoons Clarified butter,
1 handful chopped Mint leaves,
2 pinches of Saffron dissolved in warm water.
Whole wheat dough for sealing heavy-bottomed pot.
1. Take a bowl enough to toss whole mutton comfortably. Add all the ingredients except onions, falling under the category, ingredients for mutton.
2. Allow the mutton to marinate for 6 hours for flavors to blend in completely, covering the bowl at room temperature.
3. In a wok, fry the onions till crisp and brown. Keep aside.
4. Now parboil the rice, in a rice bowl, adding some salt. Drain the water and set aside.
5. Take a heavy-bottomed pot. Add ½ of the melted clarified butter. To this add marinated mutton.
6. Cover with chopped mint, coriander, fried onion, slit green chillies and juice of half a lemon. Spread half of rice rice over this. Sprinkle the remaining clarified butter, saffron and lemon juice.
7. Again add remaining marinated mutton. Add the remaining rice. Cover and seal the pot with whole wheat dough. Place over medium heat for 25 minutes.
8. Lower heat and cook for another 45 minutes. Serve with raita!
Basic Raita (Flavored yogurt)
You cannot enjoy biryani without Raita. So here’s an easy recipe.
1/4 cup diced red onion,
salt and pepper to taste,
10 chopped mint leaves,
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt,
1/2 peeled and diced cucumber,
Few Coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Blend the yogurt, adding salt and pepper.
2. When smooth, add cucumber, onion and mint leaves. Serve with hot biryani!
Wish you a very happy Eid-ul-fitr. Enjoy!