Thank you for loving my blog “tips for healthy teeth and gums”. I wanted to write something on Anti-tobacco Day as well. Tell me, how much we love our father? And why not? He is our Idol. Is he really our idol. Yes, we learn from our idols. But what if he is a chain smoker? Isn’t it disgusting?
My friend, Jane was very disturbed by the smoking habit of her dad and nearly every day there used to be a fight in their house lest I suggested her some food that would lessen the craving for smoking. Within a month after taking this food plan, my friend’s family was a real happy family. I wanna share with you the list of diseases and consequences that generates while smoking:-
Bronchitis and Emphysema
On the Anti-tobacco Day, I would like to share some food items that will help to quit smoking. And the best part is that it really works if the diet is taken seriously and regularly. Tobacco contains nicotine. You are right, the nicotine in tobacco is what people are addicted to. Many people like Jane’s father can quit smoking, then why not you or your loved ones. Impossible is nothing, it’s just about the will power and the magic of the selected food.
1. Milk – Milk is very effective in quitting the smoking habit. Drinking a glass of milk every day an hour before the normal smoke time will do you good and also keep you healthy.
2. Omega-3 fatty food – Certain food textures like fish etc. can also help chain smokers to fight the craving to smoke. Crunchy food tends to be more satisfying for a quitter. Food like beans, fish and flax seeds are rich in Omega-3.
3. Popcorn – It is strange but true, popcorns play a vital role to quit smoking. You can have popcorns, without butter, to help stop those nasty urges of smoking. Popcorns give you that salty taste which does not tastes good while smoking.
4. Salt – Try eating a lot of salted food inorder to quit smoking. The salt content in the food will help curbing the desire to smoke.
5. Turmeric – This is an Indian spice and is one of the best ingredients to add to any dish, especially if it is a South-Asian cuisine. This spice lowers the smoking urge for chain smokers.
6. Water – Drinking lot of water will to keep the body hydrated. It will keep your tummy full. This in turn will prevent you from urge to smoke.
7. Blueberries – Not only blueberries, but any type of berry will help you to stop smoking. Strawberries, cranberries, mulberries are some of the berries to help you quit smoking.
8. Cheese – Grab a piece of cheese to curb the urge to smoke. Salty cheese does wonders for people who want to stop smoking.
9. Celery – You can chew on fresh celery leaves to help you to quit smoking. Try variant vegetable salads containing celery for an otherwise healthy lifestyle also.
10. Cinnamon – Just inhaling deeply a cinnamon stick, mimics the deep drag on a flavorful cigarette. What a natural way! Chewing a small piece of cinnamon stick is very beneficial to curb your craving.
11. Dark Chocolate – If compared to milk chocolate, dark chocolate is the best for you to quit smoking. Munch a heavenly dark chocolate if you get the urge to smoke, you’ll love it.
12. Dried Fruits – Aroma of dried fruits help to lower the cravings to smoke. Consuming them on regular basis will also make a difference to stop smoking.
13. Ginger – Ginger is a natural agent to curb all urge for smokers. If you cannot consume a piece of ginger, grind it and mix it with a spoon of sugar and have it. It will help you to forget about the thought for smoking.
14. Herbal tea – There are various herbal tea available nowadays. Sipping on a hot glass of herbal tea of your flavor will help you in reducing the urge to smoke a cigarette.
15. Lean Meat – Do you know that all types of lean meats will help you quit smoking? Enjoy lean meat topped over bread or with mashed boiled potatoes and steamed rice.
Stay fit and quit smoking!!