For many foodaholics, eating healthy means end of taste. This is not true. With the little creativity in the cooking techniques, even boring food can be super tasty. For example one can use olive oil instead of ordinary cooking oil. Olive oil is better option to fry or saute the food stuff as it’s rich in monounsaturated fat and adds to taste as well. The food high in cholesterol can be consumed once in a while, unless restricted by the doctor.
Chicken is a versatile source of protein and is low in fat. Potatoes are rich in vitamins and minerals, they fight disease and promote heart health. Sauerkraut delivers significant amount of vitamins C and K. In addition to this, it boosts up energy and immune system with iron. One can use different flavored sausages for the dish. Roasted garlic sausage or sweet apple sausage are worth for this dish, giving an absolute tangy spicy taste. The recipe goes well with roasted carrots for crunchy fun. Here we present a sweet and tart entree of chicken sausage, potatoes and crunchy sauerkraut, healthy and tasty recipe..
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil,
12 ounces cooked chicken sausage,
1 medium sliced onion,
3 medium sliced potatoes,
1 1/2 cups rinsed sauerkraut,
1 1/2 cups dry white wine,
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper,
1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds,
1 bay leaf
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add sausage and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
3. Add potatoes, sauerkraut, wine, pepper, caraway seeds and bay leaf; bring to a simmer.
4. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, 15 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Enjoy the tasty yet healthy treat!