Frozen Dead Guy Days is the most chirpy, funky and unique of all the festivals celebrated in Nederland, Colorado, USA. This year it is being celebrated from 7 to 9 March. This festival is meant for celebrating story of Grandpa Bredo Morstoel, a Norwegian who died in 1989. The festival is accompanied by number of icy and dicey events. This includes:-
- Frozen salmon tosses
- Polar plunges
- Coffin races
This festival is fueled by lot of beer to boost up the spirit of the competitions. Here we have some really refreshing cocktails to celebrate this festival to the fullest.
Honey Beer Julep
1.5 ounces Spiced beer,
0.5 ounces Honey Syrup,
3 Leaves Fresh Basil,
3 ounces Honey Basil Ale
1. In a shaker pint, muddle basil leaves with the honey syrup.
2. Add Spiced beer and ice, shake well and strain into glass over ice.
3. Top with Honey Basil Ale and garnish with a basil leaf.
For the Honey Syrup
1/2 cup Honey,
1/2 cup Water.
1. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in honey until completely dissolved.
2. Cool before mixing. Store in refrigerator.
The Eccentric Bride
6 ounces Chilled beer,
2 slices Lime,
1 pinch Chipotle rimming salt,
4 cubes Ice,
1 slice Cucumber for garnish,
1 tablespoon Chipotle hot sauce.
1. Take lime wedge pieces, and wet the rim of a tall glass.
2. Dip the rim into the chipotle rimming salt and squeeze the juice from the rest of lime into the glass.
3. Toss in the lime pieces and mix chipotle hot sauce. Fill up your cup with ice, have a sip and enjoy. Garnish with cucumber!