Wanna surprise your Valentine on this special day? Let’s prepare an easy recipe called soft-baked red velvet cookies. The mushy, creamy taste will drive your love crazy. Red color symbolizes love, so it is a perfect treat for Valentine’s day. These can be stored and consumed later. Each bite he takes, he’ll certainly remember his love. Chocolate chips can be used optionally to boost up the romantic mood. So here we have Valentine’s day special, red velvet cookies for our loved one’s.
For Red Velvet Cookies:-
1 large egg,
1/2 teaspoon salt,
2/3 cup brown sugar,
1/3 cup white sugar,
1/2 cup unsalted butter,
3/4 cup sour cream,
2 cups all-purpose flour,
1/2 teaspoon baking soda,
1 tablespoon red food coloring,
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips,
1 ounce squares unsweetened baking chocolate
For Cream Cheese Frosting:-
1/4 cup unsalted butter,
4 ounces cream cheese,
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract,
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 D F. Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. Break the chocolate squares into chunks, place in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until the chocolate melts, about 90 seconds.
3. Stir the chocolate until smooth and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy; pour in the egg and beat until smooth.
4. Mix in the red food coloring and chocolate, scraping the bowl down regularly, until evenly blended, about 30 seconds.
5. Add half of the sifted dry ingredients, stirring until well incorporated. Beat in the sour cream and mix in the remaining dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake one sheet at a time in the preheated oven until they spring back when pressed, about 9 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
7. For the cream cheese frosting, whip 1/4 cup butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Blend in the powdered sugar in half cup portions until the frosting reaches the desired consistency.
8. Add into cookies and serve.
Enjoy the sugar crush date!!!