Vegetables are often paired with the word ‘boring’. But this is not the case always. We have the very savory veggie and tofu blend to cheer up the vegetarians. Non vegetarians can add diced chicken instead of tofu. The vegetables have rich nutritional value. Seasonal vegetables boost up the fitness freaks. Tofu has low fat, low cholesterol and complements variety of curries and salads. It is easy to digest as well. The soya sauce adds mood to the food. Both fitness person and foodaholics can relish the dish. So say hello to taste and health with Vegetables Stir-Fry with Tofu.
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil,
3 Cups seasonal vegetables diced,
1/2 Medium sliced onion,
2 Cloves chopped garlic,
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger root,
16 Ounce diced tofu,
1/2 Cup water,
4 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar,
2 Tablespoons honey,
2 Tablespoons soy sauce,
2 Teaspoons dissolved cornstarch,
2 Tablespoons water
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and cook for one minute.
2. Stir in garlic and ginger, and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in tofu, and cook until golden brown.
3. Stir in carrots, bell pepper and baby corn, cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in bok choy, mushrooms, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, and crushed red pepper, and heat through.
4. Remove from heat. In a small saucepan, combine water, rice wine vinegar, honey, and soy sauce, and bring to a simmer.
5. Cook for two minutes, then stir in cornstarch and water mixture. Simmer until sauce thickens.
6. Pour sauce over vegetables and tofu. Garnish with scallions.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice.