Tangy, sweet and sour pineapple chicken will definitely make a hearty main dish, this Christmas. It’s not only about taste, but health is equally important. Chicken is one of the richest sources of proteins, vitamins and minerals. It tastes amazing whether it is stir fry, grilled or baked.
Chicken breast is low in fat. Sweet and juicy pineapple keeps gums healthy and strengthens bones. Here we present Peppery Pineapple Christmas Chicken Recipe with richness of honey. Impress your loved ones with this luscious dish, this Christmas and add some more taste to your life.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves,
1 teaspoon dried thyme,
1/2 teaspoon salt,
1/8 teaspoon pepper,
1 tablespoon canola oil,
20 ounces sliced pineapple,
1 tablespoon cornstarch,
1/4 cup Dijon mustard,
1/4 cup honey,
2 minced garlic cloves,
1 teaspoon soya sauce (Optional).
1. Sprinkle chicken with the thyme, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
2. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Cut pineapple rings in half and set aside.
3. Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons juice until smooth; set aside. Combine the mustard, honey, garlic and remaining pineapple juice.
4. Add to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
5. Stir cornstarch mixture. You can add soya sauce, if desired. Gradually add to pan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
6. Return chicken to pan. Top with pineapple; heat through. Serve with steamed rice!!!