Crispy Crunchy Christmas Pie Recipe
With the fresh, crusty, crispness and delectable filling within, classic pie is one of the favorite Christmas desserts that anyone would love to have anytime. The pie is filled with lot of yummy apples giving it an absolute sweet and bit sour taste. As far as nutritional facts are concerned, Granny Smith apples contain Vitamin C and flavonoids that act as antioxidants in our system and neutralize harmful free radicals. These apples also help in weight loss and regulates blood sugar level.
Honey is helpful in maintaining glycogen levels. It also improves recovery time than other sweeteners. Cinnamon on the other hand controls cholesterol, blood sugar level and relieves arthritis pain. Red hot candies make our home smell really good, lighting up the spirit of Christmas and Easter. The mushy creamy filling and a bit of lemony tangy tastes satisfies the tingling taste buds. So lets welcome the cold winter with Red Hot Apple Pie.
1 tablespoon lemon juice,
¼ cup cinnamon red-hot candies,
1/3 cup honey,
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon,
4 large Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped,
1 tablespoon cold butter cubes,
Egg Wash mixture (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon cream),
Cinnamon sugar (½ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon)
1. Preheat oven to 350 D F. Place half of the rolled out pie crust dough into pie plate. Trim pastry edges with knife or kitchen shears.
2. In small saucepan, cook lemon juice and cinnamon red-hots over low heat until candies melt, approximately 10 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in ground cinnamon and honey. Arrange apples in bottom crust and pour red-hot mixture over the apples. Dot with pieces of butter.
4. Cut decorative shapes in remainder of pie crust dough with small cookie cutters. Moisten edges of bottom crust with water and then lift top crust over filling.
5. Trim any extra dough with knife or kitchen shears and then flute edges or press together using the tines of a fork. Brush with Egg Wash mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
6. Bake for fifteen minutes. Then cover edge of crust with pie shield or aluminum foil and bake for another 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Enjoy the real Christmas treat!!