Christmas Eve is the Feast Of The Seven Fish. Italians have lot of regards for this tradition. Initially it was believed that meat cannot be eaten during the fast, so Italians enjoyed seven different types of fish on the Christmas Eve dinner. There are several other theories related to number seven. It took seven days for God to create the earth, says the Bible. Seafood is loved by most of the people. Moreover fish tastes unique every time whether it is smoked, fried, baked, grilled or steamed.
Fish is low in fat and cholesterol. It is a good source of protein, which makes it even a better choice for a healthy diet. Salmon is definitely a health-supportive food based largely on its unusual Omega-3 fatty acid content. Welcome the all new exciting way to prepare special fish recipe for the Christmas Eve. With the addition of assorted fruits, the taste and nutritional value boost up. The tangy spicy taste and the mild flavor of fish will definitely give a way to satisfy the tingling taste buds. So here we present the Fruity Frizzle Baked Fish recipe.
1 large salmon fish,
1 can yams,
1/4 Tablespoon Pepper,
1/2 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper,
1 can chopped assorted fruits,
4 Tablespoon low fat butter,
Sliced French bread,
Salt to taste
1 cup whiskey,
8 oz. brown sugar,
1/2 cup sweet whiskey liqueur,
3 teaspoon prepared mustard,
1 teaspoon mustard ginger,
1 teaspoon mustard cinnamon,
1 teaspoon mustard dry mustard,
1/2 cup orange juice,
1. For sauce, place all the ingredients given, into a double boiler and cook for 1 hour until thickened. Stir occasionally. Keep aside.
2. Boil yams, cool, cut into fine cubes and stir-fry with butter. Keep aside.
3. For fish, use whole fish, head and tail attached, deeply score the fish into approximately 1-inch squares.
4. Sprinkle the fish with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Place the whole fish into a buttered baking pan.
5. Add assorted fruits with juices into the pan as well. Add additional grapes for the tangy taste along with other fruits like green apple and pears.
6. Cut fruits into fine cubes. Do not add banana. Toss the fruits, adding salt and pepper. Add fried yams.
7. Place the fish with fruits into the oven at 350 D F. Add sauce for flavor and to keep the fish from drying out.
8. Serve with French bread!
Enjoy the Christmas treat with your loved ones!!!