Before you grab that simple braised turkey leg, take a glance of what’s in the unique Thanksgiving recipes store for you that will double the fun. I love Turkey recipes. Thanksgiving is also called Turkey Day due to the popularity of the bird at the traditional feast. Turkey has been recognized as a lean substitute for red meat and makes a luxurious thanksgiving dinner. With time, people around the world have been overdosed with health-conscious crazes. Keeping the health and tingling taste buds in mind, here we present healthy yet delectable Black Pepper-Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Turkey on the auspicious occasion of Thanksgiving. Enjoy your savory thanksgiving meal ofcourse after the thanksgiving prayer!
Black Pepper-Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Turkey
For Pomegranate Turkey Glaze:-
1 1/2 cups pomegranate molasses,
3/4 cup prepared horseradish drained,
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard,
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,
1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
For Roasting Turkey:-
15 pounds fresh turkey,
1/2 cup unsalted softened butter,
Salt to taste,
Ground black pepper to taste,
4 cups homemade chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 450 D F. Whisk together horseradish, pomegranate molasses, mustard, salt and ground black pepper.
2. Set aside the mixture at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before using. Allow the flavors to blend.
3. Remove the heart, neck, and gizzard from inside the turkey. Rinse the bird inside and out with cold water and pat dry.
4. Rub the entire surface of the bird with the butter including the cavity with salt and pepper and season well.
5. Truss the turkey, placing the breast-up on rack in a large roasting pan.
6. Roast for about 45 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Reduce the heat to 350 D F.
7. Continue roasting and basting with some of the chicken stock every 15 minutes, for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
8. During the last 15 minutes of roasting, stop basting with the chicken stock and brush the entire turkey with 1 cup of the pomegranate glaze.
9. Remove the turkey from the oven and brush with the remaining glaze, loosely tent and let it rest for another 15 minutes before slicing.
10. Serve Black Pepper-Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Turkey with red wine for the luscious treat.