There are more exciting things to food than just making your taste buds feel good, or settling your hunger down. There are some cool intriguing facts that you should know about the food you like. I’m enlisting 7 such mind-boggling facts for you:
1. Invention of Microwave cooking happened by an accident. It’s when Chocolate in an engineer’s pocket melted down. Percy Spencer, an American self-taught engineer from Howland, Maine, worked at the time with Raytheon. He was working on an active radar set when he noticed that a Mr. Goodbar he had in his pocket started to melt – the radar had melted his chocolate bar with microwaves.
2. There’s no word that rhymes with Orange. Yes, Orange is one of the few words that doesn’t have any rhyming word in English. See, Your favorite fruit is unique in so many ways.
3. Lemon has more sugar than strawberries. Isn’t it confusing? How come something which is way sweeter has less sugar than something tangier and sour? But this is how nature works.
4. Fast Food restaurants often use Red, Orange, and Yellow colors in their interiors, because these colors aggravate hunger. So the next time you visit your favorite fast food restaurant, do notice the colors around.
5. Apple is made of 25% air, that is why it floats. Yes, the most-hyped fruit is quarter of water. The next time you’re gonna buy apple, just tell the seller that you wouldn’t pay for the water.
6. Peanuts are used in manufacturing Dynamite. Explosive fact! Isn’t it? Can you believe those midgets are so much powerful that they can be used in blowing rocks? But, that’s how nature plays.
7. Honey is the only edible item that would never turn bad. Exciting! Now, go to the nearest store and start stacking Honey bottles for the dooms day.
For more exciting food facts and tips, Like our Page on Facebook now. Check it out: