We have discussed about the benefits of Gluten-free diets and related recipes in the blogs titled “A Gluten-Free Smoothie To Beat Summers“, respectively. Now giving that discussion a more delicious shape, I present a true treat for your taste buds in the guise of Caesar Salad. It’s a lip-smacking continental dish that has croutons and romaine lettuce dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, eggs, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
The salad actually got its name from its creator Caesar Cardini, an immigrant from Italy who set up restaurants in the USA and Mexico. The dish actually came into being as a result of depletion in kitchen supplies caused by fourth of July rush in the year 1924. It became hip since then. Though the original dish went through several iterations based on regions and taste preferences, while the juiciness and feel remained more or less same. Let’s talk about the popular Chicken variation of the salad.
3 Tablespoon Olive Oil,
4 loafs of white bread,
2 chicken boneless breasts,
1 romaine lettuce.
For the Dressing:-
1 block Parmesan Cheese,
1 Tablespoon White wine Vinegar,
5 Tablespoon Mayonnaise,
A Garlic Clove.
1. Cut the Bread with knife and put it over a baking tray and splash a 1 tbsp olive oil on it. Make sure that the oil seeps in breads.
2. Bake it for around 10 minutes. Keep turning the croutons from time to time so that the bread attains even brown texture.
3. Now sprinkle the rest of the oil on chicken breasts. Put them in a pre-heated pan and heat both sides for about 4-5 minutes each.
4. Now take some part of the cheese, and grate it with all the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Season it to taste. Add yogurt and keep stirring to the achieve the desired level of thickness.
5. Now peel the cheese. Cut chicken strips and put it all over the lettuce leaves. Now sprinkle croutons all over it.
6. Add the mixture you made in the above step and the remaining dressing by scattering it all over the chicken and croutons. It’s ready to serve now.
Stay fit with Salad!!