Mughlai cuisine originated in Indian subcontinent during the Mughal Era. Reshmi Kebab or Silken Kebabs is a traditional Mughlai dish served as one of the major appetizers on different festivals and occasions. It is very popular in the Middle East, India and Pakistan. The dish is so called because of the tangy chicken and smooth creamy blend.
The luscious creamy buttery kebabs melt in the mouth tantalizing your taste buds and you enjoy each and every bite of it. Not only chicken but beef, lamb meat, prawns and scallops also form great substitute to this delectable silky smooth dish. Later it became popular in different parts of the world. Its variation is served world wide in hotels, restaurants, pubs and bars. The dish is simple and can be prepared at home as well. So impress your friends this party with the exotic Reshmi Kebab.
8 cloves garlic,
1 inch piece peeled fresh ginger root,
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro,
1 juiced lemon,
1/2 cup heavy cream,
2 boneless chicken breast halves,
2 tablespoons butter.
1. Soak almonds in a small bowl for 20 minutes. Discard water. Blend almonds, salt, ginger, cilantro, peppers and garlic in a mixer.
2. Form a paste. Make the paste smooth by adding lemon juice and cream. Now the mixture is silky smooth.
3. Take a non metallic bowl and pour in the thick mixture. Add chicken and mix well. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Do not forget to cover it.
4. Heat the grill. Grease it. Now add chicken to the skewers stick. Cook chicken until it becomes tender. Brush melted butter onto the chicken just before serving.
5. Relish the luxurious Reshmi Kebab with mint sauce or desired dip.
Enjoy with cocktails or mocktails!!